The protection of the personal data of our contacts in the companies of customers, suppliers and business associates (hereinafter “Business Associates”) is of great importance to the Hirschvogel Automotive Group (hereinafter “Hirschvogel”). Therefore, Hirschvogel processes personal data in accordance with the applicable legal regulations for the protection of personal data and data security.
In the course of the cooperation with business associates Hirschvogel processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Communication with business associates on products, services and Hirschvogel projects, for example for processing queries from the business associate;
- Planning, execution and management of the (contractual) business relationship between Hirschvogel and the business associate, for example processing orders for products and services, collecting payment, for purposes of bookkeeping, accounting and the collection of payables, making deliveries and carrying out maintenance or repairs or conducting other contract-related correspondence;
Conducting customer surveys, marketing campaigns, market analyses or similar schemes and events;
- Maintenance and protection of the safety of our products and our websites, prevention and discovery of safety risks, fraudulent activities or other criminal offences or acts carried out with the intent to cause damages;
- Compliance with legal requirements (e.g. obligations of retention in terms of tax and commercial law) as well as Hirschvogel guidelines and industrial standards; and
- Settling legal disputes, enforcing existing agreements as well as asserting, exercising and defence against legal claims.
For the above purposes, Hirschvogel may process the following categories of personal data:
- Contact details such as title, first and last name, business address, business telephone number, business mobile number, business fax number and business E-mail address;
- Payment information such as account data or other details required for processing payment transactions or preventing fraud;
- Additional information which needs to be processed in connection with a project or conducting a contractual relationship with Hirschvogel or which is provided voluntarily by our contacts such as orders placed, queries submitted or other project details;
- Information collected from public sources, information data bases or credit agencies; and
- To the extent provided in connection with compliance screening: Information on relevant court cases and other legal disputes involving business associates.
The processing of personal data is required to achieve the above-mentioned purposes including performance of the (contractual) relationship with the business associate. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the legal basis of processing is Article 6 (1) (b) und (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation or the express consent of our contact (Article 6 (1) (a) of the General Data Protection Regulation).
In the event that the above-mentioned personal data are not provided or Hirschvogel is unable to collect them, it is possible that the purposes described separately cannot be achieved.
Hirschvogel may transfer personal data for the above-mentioned purposes within the Hirschvogel Group, if this is required to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
If required and admissible by law, Hirschvogel may transfer personal data to courts of law, supervisory agencies, banks or payment institutions, law firms, tax consultants and other external consulting companies in order to comply with applicable regulations or to assert, exercise or conduct a defence against legal claims.
Hirschvogel cooperates with service providers (so-called contract processors) such as service providers for IT maintenance. These service providers act only if they have been instructed accordingly by Hirschvogel and have signed a written undertaking to observe the requirements of data protection law.
The recipients described in this Sec. 2 may be domiciled in countries outside the European Economic Area (“third countries”) in which the applicable laws do not guarantee the same level of data protection as in your home countries.
In such cases, Hirschvogel shall take suitable measures to ensure that personal data are protected otherwise.
- The transfer of personal data to factories of the Hirschvogel Group in third countries is based on EU standard contract clauses.
- Personal data will be transferred to external recipients in third countries only if these have (i) entered into the EU standard contract clauses with Hirschvogel or (ii) have introduced binding corporate rules or (iii) are certified under the EU/US Privacy Shield in case of recipients domiciled in the U.S.
If our contact has given his/her consent to process their personal data, the contact has the right to revoke the consent given at any time with an effect for the future, i.e. such revocation does not affect the lawfulness of any processing on the basis of said consent carried out before revocation. Once the contact has revoked his/her consent, Hirschvogel may process the personal data only to the extent Hirschvogel is able to base processing on a different legal basis.
According to applicable data protection law, our contact optionally has the right:
- to ask for confirmation whether Hirschvogel processes personal data of theirs and to obtain details of the personal data processed by Hirschvogel and further information;
- to ask for rectification of incorrect personal data;
- to demand erasure of the personal data processed by Hirschvogel;
- to demand restriction in processing of personal data by Hirschvogel;
- to obtain personal data which our contact has provided to Hirschvogel in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that the personal data be transferred to a third party; or
- to object to processing of personal data of our contact by Hirschvogel.
The Hirschvogel Data Protection Organisation will gladly be of assistance for all issues of data protection. In addition, objections may be submitted to the Hirschvogel Data Protection Organisation and the rights listed in Sec. 5 asserted.
Data Protection Officer of Hirschvogel Holding GmbH
Hirschvogel will at all times use its best efforts to address and remedy any objections lodged through the above channels. In addition to the Hirschvogel contacts provided, you may also contact the Supervisory Authority for Data Protection at any time.
The Supervisory Authority in charge of Hirschvogel Holding GmbH is:
Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht
91522 Ansbach, Germany